Blueberry Oat Muffins
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1/2 cup of Bran
- 3/4 cup of Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Pure Honey I use local honey, yum!
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 cup of Milk dairy or dairy-free
- 1/2 cup of Melted Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Berries
- Optional: Pumpkin Seeds for sprinkling on the top
- Preheat oven for 375 and line muffin tin with liners. Tip* Grease or spray liners to prevent muffins sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, bran, rolled oats, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs to and beat or until smooth.
- Add milk, honey and melted butter to eggs, whisk together.
- Create a hole in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in wet mixture.
- Gently mix wet and dry ingredients together, do not over mix. Stop mixing as soon as there are no dry patches.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of fresh blueberries. Again, being mindful to not over mix.
- Scoop (I love to use a retractable ice cream scoop) muffin batter into each well of the prepared muffin tin, approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool on the cooling rack for about 10 minutes. Gently transfer the muffins to cooling rack and let cool completely. Enjoy!
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.6g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.6g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 10.6g|
|Vitamin D 8mcg||42%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet.2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|