These sweet and healthy berry breakfast muffins are made with oatmeal, oat flour and my favourite 3 berries. These muffins can be made with fresh berries in the summer or frozen during the winter. Perfectly moist and bursting with berries, these sweet breakfast muffins are full of flavour.
Sweet Berry Breakfast Muffins
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 3/4 – 1 Cup of Berries fresh or frozen. I use a raspberry, blueberry and blackberry mix.
- 1 Large Egg Beaten
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease large muffin tin or liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl add brown sugar, beaten egg, vanilla, melted butter and milk. Mix until sugar is well disolved.
- Pour wet ingredients into your flour mixture. Combine until mixed. Be careful not to over mix.
- Using a retractable scoop or spoon, ladle muffin mixutre into muffin pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake for approx 15-20 mins. Use a toothpick to test readiness. If toothpick comes out clean, muffins are done.
- This recipe will yield approximately 6 large or 12 small muffins.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18.4g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 10.6g||53%|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.9g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||15%|
|Total Sugars 16.3g|
|Vitamin D 11mcg||54%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|